Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quinoa Chili

This is a recipe from our Maren. I was actually present the first time Maren made this and it was so good! It was easy, tasty, and vegetarian/gluten free/vegan!! That being said I can still vouch for its yumminess, and surprising heartiness! Enjoy!

Quinoa Chili

• 1 large onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 tsp. olive oil
• 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 cups water
• 10 oz. chopped tomatoes
• 4 tsp. cumin
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 1 tsp. coriander
• 1 cup quinoa


Sauté the onion and garlic with the olive oil until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.


BTW, at the moment I only have internet on limited days of the week, so if you don't hear from me after emailing, or you wonder why I haven't posted a new recipe, that's why. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. I know I'm commenting on my own blog posts, but Maren for having such a nice camera you provide so few pictures of your food... Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maren! It all looks (well, as Megan mentioned, I can't SEE the food because there aren't any pics), but it all SOUNDS so yummy. Eventually I'll for sure try the granola and the quinoa chili. I've been wanting to cook with quinoa and this sounds great. Might add a few more veggies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I made the Quinoa Chili and I love it. I didn't have extra veggies so made it to the recipe (except I left out the coriander since it's the seed of cilantro). I love it as an vegan entree but it would make a great side dish, too. It just tastes healthy and hearty. I think next time I'll cut down on the olive oil, maybe by half.

    ReplyDelete